Rochester Switching Services, Inc.(RSS), formerly the Eastman Business Park Railroad, is a reliable fixture on the Eastman Business Park campus providing 100 years of top-quality service.
Rochester Switching Services, Inc. delivers an assortment of products to a variety of manufacturing buildings and processes via sixteen miles of continuous track and two large inbound and outbound accumulation yards, operating 6 days per week, 52 weeks per year.
- Fully staffed operations providing Monday through Saturday service
- 2 hour emergency response capability
- Delivery and storage capacity for 100 railcars daily
- Fully trained and certified personnel in railroad management and railroad maintenance
- All personnel are trained and certified to handle hazardous and non-hazardous rail cars
- Fully automated and computerized data collection system for tracking inbound and outbound railcars
- Computerized management system to track railcar placement and inventory of railcars while on campus
- Two fully accessible railcar accumulation yards utilized by two major carriers Rochester Southern and CSX
- Daily communication with Rochester Southern and CSX yard masters to coordinate railcar arrivals and departures
- Full service onsite maintenance facility capable of repairing and maintaining all railroad assets
- Fully staffed track maintenance crew and excellent track maintenance program